2 cups pre-cooked (or leftover) rice
juice from 2 limes
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
½ onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 (1 oz) can black beans
1 tomato, diced
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp hot sauce
4-6 flour tortillas
1. In a large bowl, toss together the cilantro and rice and drizzle with lime juice. Heat in the microwave for 30 sec, or on the stove until just hot.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 min, or until the onion is softened.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add black beans and all remaining ingredients (except tortillas and rice mixture). Stir to combine and cook for around 5 min, or until heated through.
4. Spoon rice and bean mixture onto flour tortillas and add toppings of choice.
Try toppings like shredded queso, salsa, sliced avocado, black olives, or sour cream.
Tomato & Basil Pasta
1¼ cups fettucine, or other pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ tsp salt
1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water, and place pasta in a large bowl.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 min, stirring frequently.
3. Add tomatoes and salt, cover, and cook for 4 min. Remove from heat and stir in basil and pepper.
4. Add tomato mixture to pasta and toss well to combine. Top with cheese.
Pair with grilled chicken or enjoy as a main dish, either by itself or with crusty garlic bread.
Dandelions with Lemon & Garlic
1½ lbs dandelion greens
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp salt
¾ tsp ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, add the olive oil and garlic and sauté over medium heat for about 1 min. The garlic should not yet be browned.
2. Add the dandelion greens, salt, and pepper to the pot and toss it with the garlic and oil using tongs or a large spoon. Cover the pot and cook for 2 min.
3. Uncover the pot, turn the heat to high, and cook the greens for another minute until fully wilted, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heat and serve, topping with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of lemon juice.
Serve hot, either alone or over your favorite pasta.
Butter & Garlic Green Beans
1. Place green beans in a large skillet, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 min, or until beans start to soften.
2. Drain water and add butter to green beans. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 min until the butter is fully melted.
3. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 3-4 min until garlic is golden and fragrant.
4. Season with lemon pepper and salt.
Pairs well with chicken, pork, or steak. Serve hot.